Pension Led Funding allows the business owner to leverage real value out of the inherent intellectual property belonging to virtually all businesses.
This could be something as simple as a domain name or logo, or as complex as designs or software. For business owners with intellectual property can be used, in conjunction with the pension, to provide a highly tax efficient method of funding your business and significantly reduce the risk of exposure to the bank.
For business owners who have had the foresight to accumulate a reasonable pension pot, collectively or individually, this intellectual property can be used, in conjunction with the pension to provide a highly tax efficient method of funding your business and significantly reduce the risk of exposure to the bank.
Pension Led Funding is an alternative avenue of generating working capital beyond traditional banking utilising untapped Intellectual property to facilitate business funding.
Benefits of Pension Led Funding?
- Raises capital for any reason like MBO's, Business Development or Business Acquisition
- Re-gain greater control of their company finance
- Monetises intellectual property
- Protects the company identity
- Option for future financing
- Introduces new capital into a company
- Reduces the need for loans/overdrafts/debentures etc
- Eliminate the requirement for personal guarantees
- Provides credit protection for assets within the pension trust
- Provides possible tax savings and future tax efficiencies
- Provides potential for significant pension enhancement
- More cost effective than bank funding - Fees paid to your own pension at a rate determined by you
- No credit checking or underwriting
- No personal security, charge on house or reporting to the bank
- Facility managed by trustees - no 3rd party intervention
- No limitation on what the funding is used for
What is Intellectual Property (IP)
Your businesses IP is a valuable asset which could include your business name, the products or services you make or provide, written or creative material you create, patents and trademarks.